Online Commercial Applicator Recertification
Mississippi commercial pesticide applicators, license holders, and permit holders in some categories can now complete recertification training online. The MSU Extension Pesticide Safety Education Program has collaborated with Certified Training Institute (CTI) to make these courses available.
Online Recertification Requirements
In accordance with Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce Bureau of Plant Industry (BPI) requirements, applicators must complete a minimum of (5) credits that pertain to their certification or license category when recertifying online. If certified or licensed in multiple categories, applicators need to complete only (5) credits total. Applicators must complete the credits within the last 12 months of the 3-year recertification cycle.
Categories Eligible for Online Recertification
Online recertification is currently available for the following commercial certification categories [and the corresponding license categories]:
- I (A) – Agricultural Pest Control (Plant) [AGP, ORP, AGW]
- II – Forest Pest Control [ROW]
- III – Ornamental & Turf Pest Control [HCP, HCW]
- V – Aquatic Pest Control [AQW]
- VI – Right-of-Way Pest Control [ROW]
- VII (A) – Industrial, Institutional, Structural & Health-related Pest Control [WDI, UPL, GRC, MBF]
- VII (3) – Industrial Weed Control [HCW]
- VIII – Public Health Pest Control [GRC, MBF]
- X – Demonstration & Research Pest Control
How Online Recertification Works
- Enter the Mississippi online recertification portal on the CTI website.
- Choose the course(s) in your certification/license category you wish to purchase. (Cost varies depending on course duration.) Add the course(s) to the cart, view the cart, and proceed to the checkout page.
- Register for online recertification training by setting up a new student account in the Student Login Information section at the top of the checkout page or calling 1-800-727-7104 for assistance from a customer service representative. While registering, create a username and password to log into the CTI system.
- Place your order after providing student and billing information. Courses are available immediately after purchase for a 6-month period. If needed, you can later purchase extensions for one-third of the original cost.
- Complete the training by watching the video course(s) and scoring at least 70% on the accompanying assessments.
- Pay the $75 recertification fee and print your certificate of completion. When you have completed the training, you will see the following image on your screen. Print your certificate of completion by clicking on the Print Certificate button, then click on the Recertify Here button to access the online payment form. Your recertification paperwork will not be processed until the $75 recertification fee is paid.
- CTI will forward your paperwork to Mississippi authorities for processing.
- The Bureau of Plant Industry will mail your new card to you via U.S. Postal Service.
Check It Out!
Visit the Mississippi online recertification portal to see if this option is right for you.
For questions about online recertification, contact the Mississippi Pesticide Safety Education Program (MSPSEP) at 662-325-5829 or 662-325-0795 or email email@example.com.
For questions about regulation of professional services, contact the Bureau of Plant Industry at 662-325-3390.
For technical questions concerning the operation of the online recertification training system, contact Certified Training Institute at 1-800-727-7104.
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- The Dicamba Applicator Training required for individuals who plan to apply dicamba herbicide products in Xtend cropping systems has been opened online and scheduled at several sites in the Delta and north Mississippi.
Agricultural professionals are invited to attend the 2019 General Pest Management Workshop Jan. 24 at the Central Mississippi Research and Extension Center in Raymond.
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Officials with the Mississippi State University Extension Service broke ground on a termite application training facility alongside pest control industry sponsors during a ceremony April 6.
The Termite Technician Training Facility, or T3F, will be located near the Mississippi Horse Park in Starkville and is scheduled to be completed in early 2019.
YAZOO CITY, Miss. -- Mississippi farmers can safely remove leftover pesticides from their property during a free disposal event on Dec. 16 in Yazoo City.
Insecticides, herbicides, fungicides and other pesticide products can be dropped off at the former Tal Port building located at 2003 Gordon Avenue between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
No household waste, tires, rinsates, empty containers or products in bulk containers will be accepted.
MISSISSIPPI STATE -- How to feed the world’s growing population is a continuing challenge for agricultural researchers and producers, and one expert who spoke Thursday at Mississippi State University said pesticides are essential for meeting that challenge.
4-H Debuts New Curriculum · Extension Develops Workforce · La-Z-Boy Donates Fabric · Stars Focus On Sustainability · Extension Directs Herbicide Training · Youth Discover Dairy Science · Soil Lab Welcomes New Manager