Undergraduate Apprenticeship Program
2019 MSU Extension Undergraduate Apprenticeship Program
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS YEAR, BUT STAY TUNED FOR SPECIAL SPOTLIGHTS ON THE SELECTED STUDENTS AND THEIR PROJECTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!
GET REAL-WORLD EXPERIENCE WHILE EARNING $$
For 10 weeks in Summer 2019, participate in an integrated research and outreach learning experience, while exploring careers in either agriculture & natural resources, family & consumer sciences, community resource development, or youth development. Work one-on-one with MSU personnel to conduct research, analyze and interpret data, and apply that research by developing and delivering non-formal education and outreach to target communities and stakeholders in Mississippi.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Real-world experience that translates to sought-after job skills
- Individualized mentoring from experts in the field
- Opportunity to travel and present at a professional meeting or conference
- $4000 stipend and travel allowances
- Credit-hour-eligible (eligibility specific to your university)
AM I A GOOD FIT?
We’re looking for juniors and seniors* that have:
- A desire to serve others and a genuine interest in people
- An interest in exploring and/or pursuing an Extension career
- The ability to lead, teach, motivate, and communicate effectively
- The motivation to continue learning and growing professionally
- A need to be challenged, professionally and personally
- The desire to work as part of a team
*Must not be eligible to graduate prior to December 2019
- Refer to the “Related Materials” section on the right side of this page to learn more about each of the seven (7) unique apprenticeship opportunities available for Summer 2019 (May-August).
- Complete an online application (including all supplemental documentation) for each apprenticeship opportunity in which you are interested/qualified (you can apply for more than one). Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM (CST), February 28, 2019. NOTE: Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Dr. Marina Denny, Director
MSU Extension Apprenticeship Program
662.325.1175 | email@example.com
This project is supported by the FY16 USDA NIFA AFRI ELI Research and Extension Experiential Learning for Undergraduates (REEU) Fellowships Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, USDA, Grant #2017-67033-26015.