Links of Interest
Mississippi State University Links
- Mississippi State University
- Division of Agriculture, Forestry, and Veterinary Medicine
- Mississippi State University Extension Service
- Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine (Veterinary Hospital)
- Extension Forages Website
Goat Breed Associations
- American Boer Goat Association
- United States Boer Goat Association
- American Meat Goat Association
- Mississippi Goat Association
- Tennessee Meat Goats
Feed and Nutrition Suppliers
- Sullivan Supply
- Show Stopper Supplies
- Premier Supplies
- Pipestone Supply
- Mid-States Wool Growers Supply
- Jeffers Livestock Supply
- Zareba Systems | Electric Fence Systems
Sheep and Goat Resources
- The Show Goat Page
- Show Wethers Site
- The Club Lamb Page
- Sheep and Goat Markets
- American Consortium for Small Ruminant Parasite Control
- American Association of Small Ruminant Practitioners
- Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce
- USDA Home Page
- Pipestone Veterinary Services
- Sheep 101
- Sheep 201
- American Sheep Industry Association
- Sheep Breeds
- Texas A&M Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Maryland Small Ruminant Page
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Each February marks the occasion for producers to share their research and programming needs with Mississippi State University agricultural specialists in person.
To comply with COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, the opportunity will be extended virtually this year.
The Mississippi State University Extension Service has a new specialist to support the important small-ruminant industry in the state.
Leyla Rios de Alvarez began work at MSU in December as an assistant Extension/research professor of small ruminant production in the Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences.
2020 marked Bill Fitts’ 27th consecutive appearance at the annual North Mississippi Producer Advisory Council meeting.
Researchers and Extension specialists from across the Southeast will help goat and sheep producers expand their knowledge on various aspects of the industry during a workshop on small ruminant production.
ELLISVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State University representatives met with agricultural clients in Ellisville recently to discuss research and education needs for 2018. More than 115 individuals attended this year's event.