Workshop 3. Fats and Sodium
Participants will accomplish the following:
Understand the ABC’s of diabetes.
Learn how high blood glucose, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol can affect the body.
- Identify risks related to high cholesterol.
- Identify healthy fats vs. unhealthy fats.
- Estimate serving sizes.
- Identify fats and sodium on food labels and what they mean.
- Identify healthy fat substitutions when cooking.
- Understand salt substitutes and making healthy choices.
- Learn how to use spices and herbs to flavor food. Identify resources for assistance with these topics.