The Food Factor: Veggie Quiche Muffins
Video by Jonathan Parrish
For people who need something quick for breakfast, these Veggie Quiche Muffins are both healthy and convenient.
You can use 3 cups of your favorite veggies if you prefer something different from what is in the original recipe. Chopped zucchini and mushrooms are great options! You can also use your favorite cheese, but note that changing from a low-fat cheddar will alter the calories.
Note: You may have problems with the muffins sticking, so be sure to spray the muffin tin well or use a silicone pan. Allow the muffins to cool slightly so they are firmly set, and the steam will help loosen the muffins from the pan. You may also want to carefully run a plastic knife around the edges to loosen the muffins before attempting to remove them from the pan.
Veggie Quiche Muffins
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray or oil 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle cheese, onions, broccoli, and tomatoes in muffin cups.
- Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. Pour egg mixture over other ingredients in muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Thanks to our friends at Oregon State University Extension’s Food Hero program for this printable version of their recipe.
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.