4-H volunteers are valued partners working with youth!
Volunteers In 4-H Youth Development Programs:
- Work in partnership (adults and youth) to lead 4-H clubs, activities, and events
- Lead workshops to share knowledge with young people
- Help plan and conduct events
- Chaperone field trips and leadership conferences
- Recruit other volunteers
- Serve in management roles.
- Contribute through promoting and supporting 4-H.
Volunteering is a privilege
All that’s needed is a desire to provide quality educational program and experience with youth. Previous 4-H youth development experience is not necessary. For more information, contact the youth development staff in your local Mississippi State University Extension Service office.