Plant Diagnostic Laboratory
The Mississippi State University Extension Service Plant Diagnostic Laboratory (MPDL) provides rapid and accurate plant disease and nematode diagnostic services, which include detailed cultural and chemical management strategies based on current science and tailored specifically to each individual situation.
LET US HELP YOU:
- Improve plant vigor
- Prevent or manage disease problems
- Be a good steward of the environment
CLIENTS WE SERVE:
- Residential (general public)
- Research and government regulatory agencies
The MPDL is a member of the National Plant Diagnostic Network (NPDN), an internationally respected consortium of plant diagnostic laboratories supported by USDA-NIFA, and shares the NPDN mission of protecting the health and productivity of U.S. agriculture through rapid detection and communication of new and emerging plant problems.
- Plant disease diagnosis
- Plant parasitic nematode quantification and identification (to genus level)
- Acremonium endophyte screening
- Digitally assisted diagnostics through digital photo submission
- Case-specific management recommendations
- Electronic plant diagnostic reports and invoicing
HOW TO SUBMIT SAMPLES
Sample submission forms, instructions for sample collection and shipping, as well as a list of fees are available from your county Extension office and at http://extension.msstate.edu/lab.
The information given here is for educational purposes only. References to commercial products, trade names, or suppliers are made with the understanding that no endorsement is implied and that no discrimination against other products or suppliers is intended.
Publication M1230 (03-22)
By Clarissa Balbalian, Diagnostician/Laboratory Manager, Mississippi Plant Diagnostic Lab.
The Mississippi State University Extension Service is working to ensure all web content is accessible to all users. If you need assistance accessing any of our content, please email the webteam or call 662-325-2262.