4-H Shooting Sports Event Handbook
4-H Shooting Sports strives to enable young people 8 to 18 years old, their parents, and adult volunteers to become responsible, self-directed, and productive members of society via involvement in shooting sports activities. MSU Extension professionals coordinate 4-H Shooting Sports statewide. Hundreds of MSU Extension employees and adult volunteers deliver the program throughout Mississippi.
These are the goals of the 4-H Shooting Sports program:
- To enhance development of self-concept, character, and personal growth through safe, educational, and socially acceptable involvement in shooting-related activities.
- To teach safe and responsible use of sporting equipment to include firearms and archery equipment.
- To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship, and ethical behavior.
- To expose participants to the broad array of vocational and lifelong avocational activities related to the 4-H Shooting Sports program.
- To strengthen families through participation in lifelong recreational activities.
- To complement and enhance the impact of existing safety and shooting educational programs using experiential educational methods and progressive development of skills and abilities.
The information in the 4-H Shooting Sports Event Handbook will help you conduct your program and provide our young people with the best program in the country.
Remember: Safety should never be compromised for any reason!
The Mississippi State University Extension Service is working to ensure all web content is accessible to all users. If you need assistance accessing any of our content, please email the webteam or call 662-325-2262.