FISHES: Fisherman Invested in Science, Healthy Ecosystems, and Sustainability
This program is designed to inform Northern Gulf of Mexico stakeholders about fisheries management, fisheries science, and sustainability via an electronically available book and accompanying in-person course.
Recreational and commercial fishermen in the northern Gulf of Mexico, members of the general public with an interest in fisheries management, fisheries science, and sustainability
- Learn information about the frameworks and functions of various regulatory bodies tasked with managing fisheries,
- Understand applied fisheries science concepts that collectively form the basis for fisheries management,
- Comprehend emerging ecosystem modifications and issues, and
- Become involved in fisheries management and fisheries science efforts.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 11
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 20
- Educational Class
- Educational Video (Online or DVD)
- Group Discussion
- Numbered Extension Publication
Dr. Marcus Drymon, email@example.com