Food Assistance in Mississippi
- MDHS - Mississippi Department of Human Services
- SNAP - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- TANF - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- TEFAP - The Emergency Food Assistance Program
- WIC - Women, Infants & Children's Nutrition Program
- MS Food Network
- Twelve Baskets Food Bank (serving Harrison, Hancock, Jackson, Stone, Pearl River, George, and Perry Counties)
- Mid-South Food Bank (serving north Mississippi)
- Farmers Markets
- Summer Feeding Sites
Fans of The Food Factor know I love rotisserie chicken. I’ve added this quick recipe to my repertoire for using a store-bought rotisserie chicken. You could also use canned chicken breast or even sliced chicken or turkey from the deli.
I’m always looking for recipes that cook up fast and reheat well. This Asian Beef and Noodles recipe gives me a delicious dinner and fabulous leftovers for my lunch.
Eating healthy foods doesn’t mean saying no to all desserts. For me, it means finding recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth but also help me meet my goals for daily fruits and vegetables. This recipe for a frozen treat is low in fat and loaded with fruit and fiber.
It’s tailgating season, and there’s nothing like a buffet of snacks to rack up the calories. The Food Factor to the rescue! Here is a healthier take on your favorite spinach dip. Instead of chips, serve with cut-up veggies.
In this "What's New in Extension," Extension agents implement better safety standards, train to deliver Mental Health First Aid, and receive national recognition. Also, new irrigation and specialists join the Extension family.
See what's new in Extension: Gather for First Extension Beef-Production Workshop, the Food Factor Goes Digital, Extension Professionals Share Expertise, and Extension Offers New HappyHealthy Program.