Extension Center for Economic Education and Financial Literacy
The MSU Extension Center for Economic Education and Financial Literacy (ECEEFL) promotes economic development in communities by working with citizens interested in knowing how their economy works. Our center helps people understand and analyze the real costs and benefits of decisions in order to use our valuable resources to prosper sustainably as individuals, families, firms, and communities. In order to increase student educational outcomes, ECEEFL models best practices and connects teachers with the latest research and resources in economics and education, while providing learning opportunities and networking. We provide leadership among economic educators in the areas of behavioral, international, natural resource, and agricultural economics; critical thinking and issue analysis; local economies; and entrepreneurship, personal finance, and student loan education.
The Center offers:
- Professional Learning and CEUs in economics, personal finance, and entrepreneurship for teachers of all grades, including the Master Teacher in Economics (MTE) 193 Economics Endorsement
- 21st Century Common Core State Standards curriculum improving critical thinking and test scores in all subjects.
- Support for the Mississippi Council on Economic Education (MCEE) statewide programs including International Economic Summit (IES), Economics Challenge, Finance Challenge, The Stock Market Game, Financial Fitness for Life, Learning Earning and Investing, and BizWorld, BizWiz, and BizMovie.
- Research and analysis on current issues affecting Mississippi communities
- Facilitation of public dialogues, service-learning, and place-based educational experiences for all groups
Please contact Dr. Becky Smith at email@example.com for more information.