Rural Medical & Science Scholars
Saturday, June 10, 2023 - 1:00pm
Rural Medical & Science Scholars, June 10-29
Attention, high school juniors! Get a jump-start on college and explore a career in health or science!
Rural Medical & Science Scholars SUMMER 2023 JUNE 10–29
What Will I Do as a Rural Medical & Science Scholar?
For 2½ weeks this summer, you will—
- Make new friends with similar interests and goals.
- Get a tour of the University of Mississippi Medical Center and talk with faculty and students.
- Take a health science college-level course (Introduction to Health Professions).
- Earn certification as a Junior Master Wellness Volunteer.
- Participate in practical learning activities such as Telehealth, Injury and Illness (I2 ) Simulation, Gray for a Day, Scholars in the Kitchen, Scholars in Engineering, and Suturing Techniques and One Health.
- Live on campus, including weekends, and get a taste of college life.
See the PDF brochure for more details.
Select Your County Office
Rural Medical Scholars Program Director/Community Health Coordinator