The Food Factor: Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Video by Jonathan Parrish.
Just because sweet potatoes are harvested in the fall doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy them year-round! With this recipe for Grilled Sweet Potatoes, you don’t even have to heat up the oven!
Note that you don’t peel these sweet potatoes! The skin will help the slices hold together better on the grill.
I like pairing these with grilled pork chops and a green salad.
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup (½ stick) light butter, melted
- Preheat the grill for 20 minutes or until all coals are uniformly ashy gray.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes under running water with a vegetable brush.
- Cut into ½-inch slices. Brush one side with butter and sprinkle with pepper.
- Arrange brushed-side-down on a grill rack and repeat the process on the other side.
- Grill for 20 minutes, turning and brushing with the remaining butter until the sweet potatoes are soft when pricked with a fork.
Thanks to our friends at Cornell Cooperative Extension for this printable recipe.
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.