Undergraduate Apprenticeship Program
The application deadline for 2017 has passed.
GET REAL-WORLD EXPERIENCE WHILE EARNING $$
For 12 weeks in Summer 2017, participate in an integrated research and outreach learning experience, while exploring careers in either agriculture & natural resources, family & consumer sciences, community resource development, or youth development. Work one-on-one with an MSU faculty member to conduct research, analyze and interpret data, and apply that research by developing and delivering non-formal education and outreach to target communities and stakeholders in Mississippi.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Real-world experience that translates to sought-after job skills
- Individualized mentoring from experts in the field
- Opportunity to travel and present at a professional meeting or conference
- $500 weekly stipend and travel allowances
- Credit-hour-eligible (eligibility specific to your university)
AM I A GOOD FIT?
We’re looking for juniors and seniors that have:
- A desire to serve others and a genuine interest in people
- An interest in exploring and/or pursuing an Extension career
- The ability to lead, teach, motivate, and communicate effectively
- The motivation to continue learning and growing professionally
- A need to be challenged, professionally and personally
- The desire to work as part of a team
- Refer to the “Related Materials” section on the right side of this page to learn more about each of the eight (8) unique apprenticeship opportunities available for Summer 2017 (May-August).
- Complete an online application for each apprenticeship opportunity in which you are interested/qualified (you can apply for more than one). Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM (CST),
February 28,March 5, 2017.
- Submit all supplemental documentation for each application by the deadline. NOTE: Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Dr. Marina Denny, Director
MSU Extension Apprenticeship Program
662.325.1175 | email@example.com
This project was supported by the FY16 USDA NIFA AFRI ELI Research and Extension Experiential Learning for Undergraduates (REEU) Fellowships Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, USDA, Grant #2017-67033-26015.