4-H volunteers are valued partners working with youth!
Volunteers In 4-H Youth Development Programs:
- Work in partnership (adults and young people) to lead 4-H clubs, activities, and events
- Lead workshops to share knowledge with young people
- Help plan and conduct events
- Chaperone field trips and leadership conferences
- Recruit other volunteers
- Serve in management roles.
- Contribute through promoting and supporting 4-H.
Volunteering is a privilege.
All that’s needed is a desire to provide a quality educational program for 4-H'ers. Previous 4-H youth development experience is not necessary. For more information, contact the youth development staff in your local Mississippi State University Extension Service office.
When third-generation cattleman Joe Davis was a teen, he had no idea his competition in the show ring would one day be his Extension agent in Union County.