Your Partner in Growing Mississippi
Bringing Assets to Every Community
The best, most useful scientific research from universities and government agencies
Programs for young people and adults that help them solve problems, develop skills, and build a better future
Statewide Network of Experts
Dedicated local Extension agents and educators, supported by specialists and trained volunteers, serving every community in Mississippi, in-person and online at MSUcares.com
Relationships with federal, state, and local governments and other organizations that increase reach and impact, multiply dollars, prevent duplication of services, carry out legislative mandates, and support emergency preparedness
Extension is your partner in bringing practical, research-based education from Mississippi State University to people across Mississippi—education that you can trust, education that is essential to the lives and livelihoods of people everywhere. Extension delivers powerful, measurable impact where it counts most—where you live.
Your Local Extension Program
- helps agricultural producers to thrive and prosper through application of the latest science and best practices.
- supports local businesses with leadership, management, and financial training.
- teaches young people and adults the life skills—in parenting, managing finances, nutrition, and food safety—that they need to become successful and self-sufficient members of the workforce.
- multiplies local dollars by bringing state, federal, and grant funds into the community.
- inspires young people, community members, and agricultural producers to increased stewardship of the environment.
- helps people with chronic diseases, such as diabetes and osteoporosis, to live healthier lives and manage their diseases, thereby reducing demands on local health-care resources.
- prepares individuals, families, and business owners with knowledge, plans, and tactics to mitigate the impact of emergencies and natural disasters.
- builds leadership skills and knowledge in volunteers, who give back thousands of hours of service to their communities.
- guides community leaders in planning for the future, to create opportunity and increase prosperity for everyone.
To learn more about what Extension is doing in your community, contact us. Call, email, or drop by your local Extension office, find us online at MSUcares.com, or catch up with us on social media:
Extension Service of Mississippi State University, cooperating with U.S. Department of Agriculture. Published in furtherance of Acts of Congress, May 8 and June 30, 1914. GARY B. JACKSON, Director
The Mississippi State University Extension Service is working to ensure all web content is accessible to all users. If you need assistance accessing any of our content, please email the webteam or call 662-325-2262.