Conversation Starters - Table Talk Cards
View as PDF: M2265.pdf
Use these cards as conversation starters at the dinner table.
- What was the best part of your day?
- What happened today that you wish you could do over?
- Name one person you saw being a helper.
- If you could eat only one food for a week, what would it be?
- Name one way you were a helper today.
- If you could try any new food, what would you try?
- What is your favorite special-day treat?
- If you could build a robot to do your least favorite activity, what would that robot do?
- If you could invite anyone over for supper, who would you ask, and what foods would you serve?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What is your favorite fruit and why?
- What is your favorite vegetable and why?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite family activity?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- What is your favorite place to eat and why?
- Describe your family in three words.
- Name something you wish everyone in the family would do.
- Name someone you are going to compliment tomorrow. What will you say?
- If you could have any pet, what would you choose and why?
- Name one chore you don’t like doing and one you don’t mind doing.
- What do you like best about the age you are today?
- What starts your day off right?
- Name one thing you want to learn.
- What is your biggest fear? How do you calm down when thinking about this?
- Give a compliment to someone at the table.
- WILD CARD! You get to create the question!
- If you could star in a movie, which one would it be?
- What is a hero? Name someone who is a hero to you.
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is your favorite topic to read or learn about?
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- What is your favorite snack food?
- What do you wish your teacher/boss knew about you?
- If you could jump into a book, what book would you choose and why?
- If you were a candy bar, which one would you be?
- What is the funniest thing you’ve ever seen?
- Describe a time you worked really hard.
- What is the best thing about your class/school/teacher/team/job?
- What is your favorite number and why?
- If you opened your own business, what would it be?
- What is the best habit someone can have?
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
- If you could change your name, what new name would you choose?
- If you could look at yourself in the future and find out one thing, what would you want to know?
- What do you add to the group when you are with friends?
- When you are in a bad mood, what do you do to change it?
- What is your favorite smell and why?
- What are you best at?
- Who would be the best person to be stuck in an elevator with?
- Name your favorite game.
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever given?
- What book has influenced you the most?
- Name a song that puts you in a good mood.
- What technology needs to be invented?
- If you could meet any one person, living or from history, who would it be and what would you ask them?
- Name something you appreciate about the person sitting to your left.
- What is your favorite team and why?
- What do you like on your biscuit?
- What are you looking forward to this week?
- What are your biggest projects this week?
- Name something you saw lately that you wish you had on video.
- If you could be a dinosaur, which one would you be and why?
- What do you like on your grits?
- If you could be any fruit or vegetable, what would you be and why?
- If you had $5 (or $20) to spend, what would you buy?
- If you had $100, what would you do with it?
- If you were going to save up for something, what would it be?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?
- What is your favorite holiday, and why?
- If you were going to create your own flavor of ice cream, what would it be?
- What is the weirdest thing you ever had for breakfast?
- What does it mean to be a friend?
- What makes someone a good friend?
- What is the most important thing that a friend doesn’t do?
- If you saw someone being bullied, what would you do?
- If you saw someone sitting alone in the cafeteria or on the playground, what would you do?
The Mississippi State University Extension Service is working to ensure all web content is accessible to all users. If you need assistance accessing any of our content, please email the webteam or call 662-325-2262.
April 24, 2020
April 13, 2020
April 8, 2020
April 7, 2020
April 1, 2020
Publication Number: P1990
Publication Number: IS1698
Publication Number: P2322
Publication Number: P2984
Publication Number: IS1702