Training the Trainer: Plant Disease, A Section of the Master Gardener Program
Training the Trainer: Plant Disease will provide skilled trainers for the Plant Disease section of the Master Gardener Program.
Master Gardener students, especially those attending live classes.
- Learn and understand the three basic principle factors that drive development of plant diseases, and understand some of their major interactions;
- Learn basic disease symptoms and their definitions for independent diagnosis;
- Learn the basics of how to manage plant diseases culturally and with commercial tools; and
- Understand the importance of: free water and watering, sanitation, and proper rooting to plant disease.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 4
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: Approximately 6
- Educational Video (online and DVD)
- Group Newsletter
- Numbered Extension Publication
- One-on-One Intervention
- Popular science press articles
Dr. Alan Henn, email@example.com