Safe Sitter (new)
Safe Sitter® is designed to prepare students in grades 6-8 to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. The instructor-led class is filled with fun games and role-playing exercises.
Youth grades 6-8
Participants will learn:
- How to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies;
- Tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering;
- Skills such as choking rescue and CPR is often students’ favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses (CPR included in Safe Sitter® Essentials with CPR and Safe Sitter® Expanded.); and
- The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 1
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 6.5
- Educational Class
- Educational Video (Online or DVD)
- Group Discussion
Dr. David Buys, email@example.com