Gray for A Day
This is a simulation experience that utilizes an empathic approach to educate individuals on the age-related sensory and functional challenges that some older adults might face.
Health Sciences students, health professionals, emerging caregivers, and individuals in the “sandwich” generation
- Understand how the senses and functional abilities can decline with age,
- Understand the influence of sensory and functional decline on daily life,
- Understand how taking steps to improve or maintain your health now will contribute to sensory and functional well-being in the future,
- Experience age-related sensory and functional decline,
- Be encouraged to develop the skills necessary to effectively interact with someone who may be experiencing age-related sensory and functional difficulties, and
- Be encouraged to develop the skills necessary to support someone experiencing an age-related sensory and functional decline.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 1 – 6
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 1 – 6
David Buys, email@example.com