Information Possibly Outdated
The information presented on this page was originally released on February 16, 2015. It may not be outdated, but please search our site for more current information. If you plan to quote or reference this information in a publication, please check with the Extension specialist or author before proceeding.
New show offers advice on food, lifestyle choices
RAYMOND, Miss. -- The Mississippi State University Extension Service recently launched a new video series to help Mississippi families make informed choices about food, nutrition and healthy lifestyles.
“The Food Factor” offers research-based information on topics such as home canning, food safety, emergency preparedness and nutritional science.
Host Natasha Haynes, an Extension food and nutrition educator for 15 years, also provides viewers with healthy recipe ideas and family friendly tips on food preparation.
The show airs statewide during the news broadcasts of these local television stations:
- WAPT in Jackson during Saturday morning broadcasts;
- WTOK in Meridian during Monday morning broadcasts;
- WTVA in Tupelo during Monday noon broadcasts;
- WABG in Greenwood during Thursday morning and evening broadcasts; and
- WLOX in Biloxi during Saturday morning broadcasts.
To view all the episodes on YouTube, visit the MSU Extension Service website.