The Mississippi Volunteer Leaders’ Association’s mission is to provide a collective voice to promote youth and adult development through teamwork, support, leadership opportunities, and motivational encouragement in partnership with the Mississippi State University Extension Service.
Together we will make a difference. Mississippi 4-H Volunteers Do!
The Mississippi Volunteer Leaders’ Association is dedicated to making the best better.
FIVE YEAR GOALS
- Every 4-H Volunteer in Mississippi knows about the Mississippi 4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Association.
- Increase membership to 25% (1,200) of all 4-H Volunteer Leaders in Mississippi.
- Have an active 4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Association in each county.
ACTION STEPS TO ACHIEVE GOALS
- Produce a MVLA marketing brochure.
- Work through Extension staff to promote MVLA throughout the state and continue providing networking and recruiting opportunities through district forums, annual conferences, and the Southern Regional Leaders’ Forum.
- Provide support for county 4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Associations by providing coaching, speakers, and an information network and resource pool.
- To promote the 4-H Program and encourage community support so that all youth will have the opportunity to benefit from the 4-H Program.
- To help further the mission and objectives of the 4-H Program.
- To serve as a supporting body for the State 4-H Program.
- To promote and improve the status of its members.
- To encourage educational improvement through all opportunities.
- To provide the exchange of ideas, methods and techniques with other 4-H volunteers and volunteer associations.
- To motivate and increase interest in being a 4-H volunteer.