The Mississippi Volunteer Leaders’ Association’s mission is to provide a collective voice to promote youth and adult development through teamwork, support, leadership opportunities, and motivational encouragement in partnership with the Mississippi State University Extension Service.
Together we will make a difference. Mississippi 4-H Volunteers Do!
The Mississippi Volunteer Leaders’ Association is dedicated to making the best better.
FIVE YEAR GOALS
- Every 4-H Volunteer in Mississippi knows about the Mississippi 4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Association.
- Increase membership to 25% (1,200) of all 4-H Volunteer Leaders in Mississippi.
- Have an active 4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Association in each county.
ACTION STEPS TO ACHIEVE GOALS
- Produce a MVLA marketing brochure.
- Work through Extension staff to promote MVLA throughout the state and continue providing networking and recruiting opportunities through district forums, annual conferences, and the Southern Regional Leaders’ Forum.
- Provide support for county 4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Associations by providing coaching, speakers, and an information network and resource pool.
- To promote the 4-H Program and encourage community support so that all youth will have the opportunity to benefit from the 4-H Program.
- To help further the mission and objectives of the 4-H Program.
- To serve as a supporting body for the State 4-H Program.
- To promote and improve the status of its members.
- To encourage educational improvement through all opportunities.
- To provide the exchange of ideas, methods and techniques with other 4-H volunteers and volunteer associations.
- To motivate and increase interest in being a 4-H volunteer.
If you’d like to volunteer more in the New Year, Extension has some wonderful opportunities. We have volunteer organizations designed for all ages and interests, including gardening, healthcare, natural resources and youth development.