Growing Your Brand
THE LOCAL FOODS MOVEMENT
Consumers are increasingly interested in knowing where their food comes from and how it is produced.
This local foods movement provides a wonderful opportunity for producers to connect on a personal level with consumers. It is an opportunity to create, maintain, and support profitable, sustainable, and affordable food production and distribution schemes with the ultimate outcome of healthier diets and healthier people.
The local foods movement encompasses farmers, food processors and distributors, community gardens, farmers’ markets, community volunteers, economic development, food security, and better nutrition for children and adults—all areas in which Extension has deep expertise, dedicated and skilled professionals, and decades of documented success.
- Module 1 Mission and Vision
- Module 2 Determining Your Competitive Advantage
- Module 3 Developing Strategic Goals
- Module 1 Market Segments
- Module 2 Evaluating the Market
- Module 3 Brand Identification
- Module 1 How to Create a Marketing Plan
- Module 2 Marketing Strategies
- Module 3 Targeted Technology Marketing
- Module 4 Relationship Marketing
- Module 5 Developing Marketing Goals
- Growing Your Brand: Marketing Tools for Mississippi Agritourism and Local Foods (PDF)
- Growing Your Brand: Developing a Marketing Plan Workbook (Publication)
- Virtual Tourism – Zac Ashmore
- Using Tourism Trend Sites – Jamie Varner (PDF)
- Mississippi Agritourism Branding – Ben Muldrow (Youtube)
- Social Media Is Free and Other Myths – Karen Stanley (Word)
- Mississippi Farm to School Network (Vimeo)