Ordering Monitoring Supplies
Ordering Supplies and Replacements
The MSWS program uses customized monitoring supplies adapted from the Alabama Water Watch program. All methodology and associated supplies have undergone scientific validation and are EPA-approved. You may contact the MSWS Office to request supplies or order supplies directly from the websites below.
Water Chemistry Monitoring Supplies
* The best way to place your order for chemistry supplies by calling the LaMotte Customer Service Department from 8:15 AM to 5 PM EST, Monday through Friday at 800-344-3100 or 410-778-3100. Indicate the description, code, and quantity needed when ordering.
Please follow the instructions below to order the Water Chemistry monitoring kit. These links and instructions are also available in the Water Chemistry manual available to all certified MSWS citizens and trainers.
MSWS Water Chemistry Kit
- Alabama Water Quality Monitoring Kit without Secchi disk (code 9844-02)
- Replacement Chemicals
- Individual Secchi Disk
- Latex Gloves
- D.O. Percent (%) Saturation Sheet
* Place orders with LaMotte via phone Customer Service Department from 8:15 AM to 5 PM EST, Monday through Friday at 800-344-3100 or 410-778-3100. Indicate the description, code, and quantity needed when ordering.
To order chemistry kit refills, please call Lamotte Customer Service following the instructions above an request the needed item from the list below:
|Order Code||Item Description||List Price|
|0106||Test Tube, Square, Plastic 2.5 - 5 - 10ml, with Cap||$3.95 USD|
|0352||Pipet, Dropping, Plastic Plain (No Pring on It)||$3.05 USD|
|0369||Pipet, 0.5ml, Plastic, with 20mm Cap||$4.05 USD|
|0513||Brush, Test Tube||$3.85 USD|
|0835||Turbidity Column||$26.85 USD|
|1066||Thermometer, Model 545 with Instruction||$27.25 USD|
|1101||Octa Slide 2 Viewer||$19.80 USD|
|1114||Rod, Plastic, Stirring, 7 Inch||$4.00 USD|
|0608||Test Tube, Glass, 8dprint W/Cap||$4.15 USD|
|0688-DO||Bottle Water Sample Coll Glass, 60ml||$6.20 USD|
|0970-S||Tube, Spec with Cap Calibrated at 2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20ml||$4.65 USD|
|2193-01||Wide Range Octa-Slide 2 Bar Ph 3.0-6.5||$25.85 USD|
|2196-01||Wide Range Octa-Slide 2 Bar Ph 7.0-10.5||$25.85 USD|
|2218-G||Wide Range Indicator, Ph Reagent 3, 30ml||$8.75 USD|
|2311A-J||BCG-MR Indicator Tablets, 100/Box||$11.60 USD|
|0377||Titrator, Direct Reading, 0-10||$7.80 USD|
|4167-G||Manganous Sulfate Solution, 30ml||$11.50 USD|
|4169-H||Sodium Thiosulfate .025n, 60ml||$10.85 USD|
|4170WT-G||Starch Indicator Solution, 30ml||$8.40 USD|
|4483-E||Hardness Reagent 5, 15 ml||$8.05 USD|
|4484A-H||Hardness Reagent 6 Tablets, 50/Box||$5.75 USD|
|4487WT-H||Hardness Reagent 7, 60ml||$9.65 USD|
|4488||Test Tube, Hardness, Drop Count, with Cap||$4.40 USD|
|4493PS-H||Alkalinity Titration Reagent B, 60ml||$9.85 USD|
|6141WT-G||Sulfuric Acid 1:1, 30ml||$9.85 USD|
|7166-G||Alkaline Pot Iodide-Azide Reagent, 30ml||$14.35 USD|
|7520-H||Standard Turbidity Reagent, 60ml||$15.55 USD|
Bacteriological Water Monitoring Supplies
To order an incubator, follow the link: Hova-Bator Table Top Incubator
You may also create your own incubator for less than $10. A small cooler or other type of insulated container with a lid may be used as an incubator. Uniform temperatures may be maintained using a small light bulb such as a night-light attached to an extension cord. Use a piece of cardboard or plastic to shield the sample plates from direct light. A thermostat is not needed. The number and/or wattage of bulbs may be adjusted to maintain the proper temperatures, depending on the ambient room temperature and size of incubator. For example, a 4-watt bulb in a 1 cubic foot container usually makes a good incubator. A thermometer is needed to determine ambient incubator temperature.
Media and Petri Dishes
Follow the link below to micrologylabs.com and add the items to your cart. Before proceeding to check out, be sure to verify your quantities, ensuring that you have three petri dishes for each bacteriological sampling you plan to conduct.
- ColiScan EasyGel Media & Pre-treated Petri Dishes (Catalog no. 25001)
- 1-mL sterile-wrapped pipette (Catalog no. DRP01)
- Latex-free gloves are a smart way to ensure safety and protection during bacteriological testing. You can purchase them locally or online.
Stream Biomonitoring Supplies
- Kick net
- Student Grade Kick Net
- Aquatic D-Net
- Sorting Trays (catalog number 1426A)
- You will need at least 3 pans per stream biomonitoring kit. To order, click the link and add the number 3 into the quantity box. When ordering more than 12, a bulk discount will be applied.
- Observation cups
- When ordering observation cups, please keep in mind that these are sold in a quantity of 24.
- You may order or buy the following item from any seller.