The Food Factor: Ranch Potato Salad
Video by Jonathan Parrish
If you aren’t a fan of traditional potato salad, give this Ranch Potato Salad a try! Low-fat mayonnaise reduces the calories and fat to make this a healthier choice.
I love the crunch of celery combined with the softness of the cooked potatoes. And who doesn’t love ranch dressing?
Remember your food safety rules if you take this potato salad to any sort of gathering. Keep it chilled by nesting your serving bowl in a larger bowl partially filled with ice. Or, use smaller serving bowls and, when one is empty, replace it with a fresh bowl from the fridge. Any potato salad left out for 2 hours or longer should be thrown away.
Ranch Potato Salad
- 4 red potatoes, quartered (about 2 pounds)
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, hardboiled, yolks removed, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and place in a small bowl. Chill potatoes in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, ranch dressing, celery, green onion, egg whites, salt, and pepper.
- When potatoes are cool, add them to the dressing mixture and toss.
Thanks to our friends at Get Fresh!, a program of the Chickasaw Nation, for the printable version of this recipe.
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.