How to Make a Santa Tulle Wreath
Video by Michaela Parker
Christmas is my favorite time of year! We wanted to share a fun DIY craft to make with your family this holiday season. Natalie Ray, Extension agent in Clay County, made the cutest Santa wreath with her 4-H’ers and we had to share the instructions!
What you'll need:
- 12-inch circular Styrofoam wreath
- 1 medium size Santa hat
- 1 roll of 6-inch by 100-yard tulle
- Place the Santa hat on the wreath and use pins to mark where each side ends.
- Cut tulle into 16-inch strips. There is no exact number of strips you will need. It’s based upon preference. Natalie recommends starting off with 25 strips and adding as you see fit.
- To make Santa’s beard, tie the tulle strips around the wreath. Natalie suggests double knotting the tulle to ensure it stays tied. Continue knotting your tulle around the wreath until it touches the two pins.
- Once you have your beard to the desired level of fluffiness, tie a piece of tulle around the wreath about 2 inches below the set of pins. This will create Santa’s mustache!
- Cut tulle into 14-inch strips. Start with 15 strips and continue to cut strips as you see fit.
- Double knot your tulle around the string of tulle until you’ve reached the amount of fluff you like.
- Stuff the Santa hat with leftover tulle to help it stand up straight.
- Secure the hat on the wreath by pinning it to the wreath. You can also use a hot glue gun if you’d like!
Natalie recommends pinning a piece of leftover tulle or ribbon to the back of the hat as a hanger.
Ta-da! Now you have a holly, jolly Santa wreath that’s the perfect Christmas décor!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.