Quick and Healthy Snacks
Video by Michaela Parker
As students and parents get back into the swing of school, it is time to start thinking about quick and easy snacks to refuel you or your kids throughout the day!
Today, I want to show you a quick and easy way to cut an apple!
Other quick snack options that you can make include:
- Cucumbers, carrots, and celery with hummus
- Rice cakes with peanut butter (optional addition: honey)
- Banana and peanut butter on whole wheat bread
- Avocado on whole wheat bread
- Low fat/ low sugar granola bar
- Fruit skewers
- Make your own trail mix (nuts, seeds, popcorn, pretzels, chocolate chips)
Check out our other blog post on smart snacking, how to reduce dietary fat, and getting the right amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
For more information on healthy snacks, recipes and menus, visit choosemyplate.org.
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.