The Pillowcase Project (In partnership with the American Red Cross)
The Pillowcase Project, developed by the American Red Cross and sponsored by Disney, will teach students in grades 3 to 5 about personal and family preparedness, local hazards, and basic coping skills.
Youth ages 8 to 11 and their families
- Learn basic knowledge of hazards and the ability to identify the best way to stay safe during emergencies that occur in their region,
- Have basic understanding of what to do for home fire emergencies,
- Be equipped with preparedness tools necessary to motivate families to create an emergency communication plan and prepare an emergency supply kit,
- Prepare a pillowcase kit that will provide a source of resiliency in emergency situations and an easy-to-find container for personal emergency supplies, and
- Be empowered to make emergency preparedness a priority in their homes and communities.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 1-2
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 1-2
- Group Discussion
- Educational Class
- Community Forums
Dr. C. Ryan Akers, firstname.lastname@example.org