Mississippi State Fair Livestock Shows and Contests
The Mississippi State Fair Livestock Shows and Contests will educate 4-H youth, parents, volunteers, and others as to what types of livestock shows and educational contests are offered during the Mississippi State Fair for the youth to show their achievement with their livestock project animals and to provide a platform on which youth are allowed to display their project knowledge in educational contests.
4-H youth livestock exhibitors and their families
Participants will learn:
- How to nominate livestock for the MS State Fair and the subsequent steps needed to properly process the entry (retinal image/classification, process registration papers, ownership affidavit for dairy cattle),
- About general rules and regulations that all exhibitors of livestock should abide by in addition to species specific rules that govern the Mississippi State Fair, and
- To properly complete animal health record forms that must be submitted on each animal before it can be shown at the Mississippi State Fair.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 1
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 2
- Numbered Extension Publication
- In-service Training via Zoom
Dr. Dean Jousan, email@example.com