Dixie National Junior Round-Up Livestock Shows and Contests
The purpose of the Dixie National Junior Round-Up Livestock Shows and Contests is to educate Extension Agents who will in turn train 4-H youth, parents, volunteers, and others as to what types of livestock shows and educational contests are offered during the Dixie National Junior Round-Up for the youth to show their achievement with their livestock project animals and to provide a platform on which youth are allowed to display their project knowledge in educational contests.
Extension Agents with 4-H livestock responsibilities and 4-H youth livestock exhibitors and their families
Participants will learn:
- How to nominate livestock for the Dixie National Junior Round-Up and the subsequent steps needed to properly process the entry (retinal image/classification, process registration papers, ownership affidavit for dairy cattle),
- About general rules and regulations that all exhibitors of livestock should abide by in addition to species specific rules that govern the Dixie National Junior Round-Up, and
- To properly complete animal health record forms that must be submitted on each animal before it can be shown at the Dixie National Junior Round-Up.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 1
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 2
- Numbered Extension Publication
- In-service Training via Zoom
Dr. Dean Jousan, firstname.lastname@example.org