Information Possibly Outdated
The information presented on this page was originally released on November 27, 2019. It may not be outdated, but please search our site for more current information. If you plan to quote or reference this information in a publication, please check with the Extension specialist or author before proceeding.
MSU Extension offers workshops for food-related business owners
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Experts from the Mississippi State University Extension Service will offer a workshop designed to help food-related business owners prepare for disasters.
“Food as a Business: Disaster Preparedness for Food Businesses” is for anyone who currently operates or is interested in operating an agriculture-based food business, including retail, cottage food or food processing operations.
Topics include financial preparedness, risk management, record keeping, crisis communication planning, emergency-action planning and food recall and traceability planning.
The one-day workshop costs $15 payable at the door and includes lunch, refreshments and course materials. Dates and locations include:
- Dec. 17 at the MSU Coastal Research and Extension Center, located at 1815 Popps Ferry Road in Biloxi
- Dec. 18 at the Forrest County Extension Office, located at 952 Sullivan Drive in Hattiesburg
- Dec. 19 at the MSU Central Mississippi Research and Extension Center, located at 1320 Seven Springs Road in Raymond
- Jan. 22, 2020, at the Hampton Inn by Hilton, located at 2675 McIngvale Road in Hernando
- Feb. 12, 2020, at the MSU North Mississippi Research and Extension Center, located at 5421 MS-145 in Verona
Mississippi State University is an equal opportunity institution. For disability accommodation, contact Courtney Crist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-325-0852.
MSU Extension, the Mississippi State Department of Health and the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce are supporting partners of the workshops.