MSU Extension offers workshops for food-related business owners
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Experts from the Mississippi State University Extension Service will offer a workshop designed to help food-related business owners prepare for disasters.
“Food as a Business: Disaster Preparedness for Food Businesses” is for anyone who currently operates or is interested in operating an agriculture-based food business, including retail, cottage food or food processing operations.
Topics include financial preparedness, risk management, record keeping, crisis communication planning, emergency-action planning and food recall and traceability planning.
The one-day workshop costs $15 payable at the door and includes lunch, refreshments and course materials. Dates and locations include:
- Dec. 17 at the MSU Coastal Research and Extension Center, located at 1815 Popps Ferry Road in Biloxi
- Dec. 18 at the Forrest County Extension Office, located at 952 Sullivan Drive in Hattiesburg
- Dec. 19 at the MSU Central Mississippi Research and Extension Center, located at 1320 Seven Springs Road in Raymond
- Jan. 22, 2020, at the Hampton Inn by Hilton, located at 2675 McIngvale Road in Hernando
- Feb. 12, 2020, at the MSU North Mississippi Research and Extension Center, located at 5421 MS-145 in Verona
Mississippi State University is an equal opportunity institution. For disability accommodation, contact Courtney Crist at email@example.com or 662-325-0852.
MSU Extension, the Mississippi State Department of Health and the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce are supporting partners of the workshops.