Information Possibly Outdated
The information presented on this page was originally released on March 3, 2014. It may not be outdated, but please search our site for more current information. If you plan to quote or reference this information in a publication, please check with the Extension specialist or author before proceeding.
MSU Extension offers Farm Bill workshops
MISSISSIPPI STATE – In a series of workshops across the state, Mississippi State University Extension Service agricultural economists will share information about the recently signed 2014 Farm Bill.
“Introduction to the New Farm Bill” will address two topics: Title 1, Farm Programs and Title 11, Crop Insurance. The seminar is designed for crop producers, lenders, and those impacted by farm programs and crop insurance.
Experts will address specialty crops after the introductory session at the March 5 and 12 workshops only. These two sessions are available through the county office interactive video link upon request.
Dairy policy will be addressed on March 12 only.
Registration is not required. Seating is limited on March 12.
The workshop schedule is:
- March 4, 10 a.m.-noon at the MSU Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville at 82 Stoneville Road, Titles 1 and 11;
- March 5, 1:15-4:30 p.m. at the MSU North Mississippi Research and Extension Center in Verona at 5421 Highway 145 S., Titles 1 and 11 (1:15-3:15 p.m.) and Specialty Crops (3:30-4:30 p.m.);
- March 12, 10:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Central Mississippi Research and Extension Center in Raymond at 1320 Seven Springs Road, Dairy Policy (10:45-11:45 a.m.), Titles 1 and 11 (1:15-3:15 p.m.), and Specialty Crops (3:30-4:30 p.m.);
- March 13, 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the MSU Bost Theater in Starkville at Bost Extension Drive, Titles 1 and 11;
- March 19, 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the Carrollton Community House in Carrollton at 305 Lexington St., Titles 1 and 11;
- March 20, 9:45-11:45 a.m. at the Lafayette County Extension Office in Oxford at 101 Veterans Drive, Titles 1 and 11.