Links of Interest
Mississippi State University Links
- Mississippi State University
- Division of Agriculture, Forestry, and Veterinary Medicine
- Mississippi State University Extension Service
- Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine (Veterinary Hospital)
- Extension Forages Website
Goat Breed Associations
- American Boer Goat Association
- United States Boer Goat Association
- American Meat Goat Association
- Mississippi Goat Association
- Tennessee Meat Goats
Feed and Nutrition Suppliers
- Sullivan Supply
- Show Stopper Supplies
- Premier Supplies
- Pipestone Supply
- Mid-States Wool Growers Supply
- Jeffers Livestock Supply
- Zareba Systems | Electric Fence Systems
Sheep and Goat Resources
- The Show Goat Page
- Show Wethers Site
- The Club Lamb Page
- Sheep and Goat Markets
- American Consortium for Small Ruminant Parasite Control
- American Association of Small Ruminant Practitioners
- Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce
- USDA Home Page
- Pipestone Veterinary Services
- Sheep 101
- Sheep 201
- American Sheep Industry Association
- Sheep Breeds
- Texas A&M Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Maryland Small Ruminant Page
RAYMOND, Miss. -- Agricultural producers and industry professionals met with Mississippi State University personnel in the coastal region to discuss research and education priorities at the 2022 Producer Advisory Council meeting. The annual event aims to help clients improve their productivity. Attendees gathered in small commodity groups at each event to share their ideas with agents, researchers and specialists with the MSU Extension Service and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Central Mississippi agricultural producers and industry professionals met with Mississippi State University personnel to discuss research and education priorities at the 2022 Producer Advisory Council meeting on Feb. 23 in Raymond. The annual event is aimed at helping clients improve their productivity. Attendees gathered in small commodity groups to share their ideas with agents, researchers and specialists with the MSU Extension Service and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Dairy goats make up a niche market of the Mississippi livestock industry, but their popularity is growing across the state. Interest has grown among 4-H livestock program members, people who participate in various other showmanship contests and people who want goat milk products.
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Each February marks the occasion for producers to share their research and programming needs with Mississippi State University agricultural specialists in person.
To comply with COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, the opportunity will be extended virtually this year.
The Mississippi State University Extension Service has a new specialist to support the important small-ruminant industry in the state.
Leyla Rios de Alvarez began work at MSU in December as an assistant Extension/research professor of small ruminant production in the Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences.