Event Possibly Postponed or Canceled Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), this event may have been postponed or canceled. Please check with the contact listed if you have any questions or need further instructions.
Small-ruminant Workshop - Forrest County
MSU Extension- Forrest County
952 Sullivan Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39401-2714
Demand for goat and sheep meat, milk, cheese, and hide has steadily increased in the United States during the last 10 years. These small ruminants have a high economic value because they are efficient converters of low-quality forages into quality meat, milk and other specialty markets. Dig deeper into goat and sheep production by increasing your knowledge in grazing management, animal production, nutrition, parasite ID, reproduction, and meat quality. Speakers include researchers and extension specialists from across the southeast.
- Forage Selection and Grazing Management
- Kidding/Lambing Management
- Farm Assistance Programs for Small Ruminants
- Meat Quality
- Fecal Collection and Parasite Identification
- Principles of Artificial Insemination (AI)
- FAMACHA Training
- Before APRIL 19—$30/person
- After APRIL 19—$35/person
- FAMACHA TRAINING KIT—$10/farm (additional to registration cost)
- REGISTRATION WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 100 PARTICIPANTS AND WILL CLOSE MAY 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM CST.
- Registration will include: lunch, refreshments and workshop materials
- Register at http://www.pss.msstate.edu/
For more information contact Dr. Rocky Lemus at (662) 325-7718 or Ms. Kathy Johnson at (662) 325-2701.
Links to Associated Websites: http://www.pss.msstate.edu/
Location: 952 SULLIVAN DR., HATTIESBURG, MS 39401
Contacts: Dr. Rocky Lemus
Email Address: Rocky_Lemus@msstate.edu