The Food Factor: Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Wraps
Video by Jonathan Parrish
Whether you want a healthier dessert option for yourself or for the little ones who like to help you in the kitchen, these strawberry-banana cheesecake wraps are perfect! The fruit and whole-wheat tortillas are loaded with fiber and will keep everyone feeling satisfied far longer than a store-bought cookie. And the cream cheese mixture will make you feel like you’re indulging in cheesecake, without all the calories. Best of all, they are easy for kids to make themselves.
You can try other fruit combinations, too, like blueberry-banana. You could also add some peanut butter to the cream cheese mixture and add apple slices for the fruit. I love versatile recipes!
Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Wraps
- 4-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 bananas, washed, thinly sliced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar (if desired), and vanilla extract.
- Spread cream cheese mixture all the way to the edges of each tortilla.
- Lay the strawberries in a single layer on top of the cream cheese. Top with banana slices.
- Roll up tortilla, being careful to keep the filling inside the wrap. Set seam-side down.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Cut in half to serve.
Thanks to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension for this recipe!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.