The Food Factor: Mighty Skillet Meal
Video by Jonathan Parrish
When you need a hearty meal in a hurry, this Mighty Skillet Meal fits the bill. It’s easy to make and feeds a hungry family fast. The key to getting it on the table quickly are the simple ingredients. You probably already have them in your kitchen!
Mighty Skillet Meal
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ C. celery, chopped
- ½ C. onion, chopped
- ¼ C. green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 C. tomatoes, diced
- ½ C. cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, combine ground beef, celery, onion, and green onion in a skillet. Cook until meat is brown. Drain fat and return to skillet.
- Add chili powder, tomatoes, rice, salt, and pepper to skillet.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir often to avoid sticking.
- Want more veggies? Add bell peppers to this dish.
- Need to save time? Buy fresh or frozen pre-chopped veggies.
- Feeding a large group? You can easily double or triple this recipe.
Thanks to Alabama Extension for this recipe!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.