The Food Factor: Berries with Banana Cream
Video by Jonathan Parrish
This is the perfect summertime recipe to help you get your fruit servings for the day. Banana cream tops sweet berries for a guilt-free dessert.
You can substitute your favorite berry for the strawberries or use a mix of berries, like strawberries and blueberries. By switching the berries or combining different varieties, you can get more robust flavors and even more nutrients.
Berries with Banana Cream
- 1/3 C. yogurt, low-fat plain
- 1/2 banana (ripe)
- 3 tsp. fruit juice (orange works well)
- 2 C. sliced strawberries
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Combine yogurt, banana, and juice and mash with a fork until most chunks are gone.
2. Wash and slice berries.
3. Top the berries with the yogurt banana mixture.
4. Top with honey and cinnamon.
Thanks to USDA MyPlate for this recipe!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.