Links of Interest
Mississippi State University Links
- Mississippi State University
- Division of Agriculture, Forestry, and Veterinary Medicine
- Mississippi State University Extension Service
- Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine (Veterinary Hospital)
- Extension Forages Website
Mississippi Horse Breed & Activity Associations
- Deep South Paso Fino Horse Association
- Jackson County Horseman's Association
- Longleaf Trace Trail Riders
- Magnolia States Regional Appaloosa Horse Club
- Mid-South Quarter Horse Association
- Mississippi Paint Horse Club
- Mississippi Quarter Horse Association
- Covington County Horseman's Association
Horse Educational Resouces
Horse Philanthropic Organizations
- American Association for Horsemanship Safety
- American Farrier's Association
- American Horse Publications
- American Youth Horse Council
- Animal Welfare Council
- Certified Horsemanship Association
- Cybersteed - A Site with thousands of horse links
- Horse Transportation Regulations
- Horseback Riding in Federal Parks
- Kentucky Horse Park
- Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce
- North American Horse and Mule Loggers Association
- North American Riding for the Handicapped Association
- Overnight Stabling Directory
- State Line Tack Articles
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Unwanted Horse Coalition
Horse Activity Associations
- American Driving Society
- American Endurance Ride Conference
- American Vaulting Association
- Carriage Association of America
- Federation Equestre International
- Intercollegiate Horse Show Association
- International Professional Rodeo Association
- Masters of Foxhounds Association of North America
- National Barrel Horse Association
- National Cutting Horse Association
- National High School Rodeo Association
- National Reined Cow Horse Association
- National Reining Horse Association
- National Snaffle Bit Association
- Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association
- United States Dressage Federation
- United States Equestrian Federation
- United States Eventing Association
- United States Pony Clubs
- United States Team Penning Association
- United States Team Roping Championships
- United States Trotting Association
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Eleven registered American Quarter Horses from the Mississippi State University equine unit in the Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences will be available for online purchase this weekend.
The auction begins at 8 a.m. Nov. 24 and concludes at 8 p.m. Nov. 26. Descriptions, images and registration papers for each horse may be viewed online at https://auction.msucares.com/.
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- A long-time volunteer with the Mississippi 4-H program is the American Youth Horse Council Adult Leader of the Year.
Tom McBeath of Union, Mississippi, received the honor at the recent American Youth Horse Council symposium in Wakefield, Massachusetts. He has spent nearly four decades working with youth to establish strong foundations for successful experiences with horses.
HOUSTON, Miss. -- Chickasaw County residents are feeling the ripple effect of renovating a dilapidated agri-center three years ago.
"Horse events can have a tremendous economic impact on a community," said Angie Abrams, Chickasaw County 4-H agent with the Mississippi State University Extension Service. "The agri-center renovation didn't just benefit a handful of people with horses. It has helped local businesses, youth development and other groups needing a large covered space for specific activities."
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Horse owners with a "need for speed" can work on the fundamentals of barrel racing at an upcoming clinic at Mississippi State University.
The MSU Extension Service is hosting the clinic from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. May 27 at the MSU Horse Unit on the Henry H. Leveck Research Farm, often referred to as South Farm.
VERONA, Miss. -- Horse owners and riding enthusiasts can learn the basics of riding and equine care at evening classes each Tuesday from April 11 to May 16.
Mississippi State University Extension Service is hosting the six-week course at the Lee County Agri-Center, located at 5395 Highway 145 in Verona. Nutrena is cosponsoring Horse Management 101: Ranch Horse Series.
Extension equine specialist Clay Cavinder said the lessons will be suitable for all ages.