Rural Medical Scholars Brochure
Thinking about becoming a physician?
Rural Medical Scholars
MAY 28–JUNE 29
What Will I Do as a Rural Medical Scholar?
For 5 weeks this summer, you will—
• take two college-level pre-med courses (biology and sociology).
• visit the UMMC Medical School and talk to faculty and students.
• experience the day-to-day practice of medicine by shadowing doctors as they work.
• make new friends with similar interests and goals.
• participate in practical learning activities designed for an aspiring physician.
• earn certification as a Junior Master Wellness Volunteer.
• live on campus at Mississippi State University and get a taste of college life!
Please read the frequently asked questions at www.extension.msstate.edu/RMS.