Become a Mississippi Master Gardener
Learn, share, and grow when you volunteer with the Mississippi State University Extension Service’s popular certification program!
How to become a certified Mississippi Master Gardener:
- Contact your local Extension office.
- Complete the required training hours.
- Agree to complete 40 hours of volunteer service.
- Complete your service hours.
- Receive your Mississippi Master Gardener certification.
Share your expertise in horticulture with the community!
Maintain your certification annually!
Participate in 12 approved education hours.
Complete at least 20 volunteer service hours.
Improve people’s quality of life by sharing good gardening information!
You’ll learn about a variety of gardening topics:
- Ornamental Plants
- Plant Dieases
- Lawn Care
- Invasive Plants
- Plant Propagation
- Fruits and Nuts
- Weed Control
Serve Your Community as a Mississippi Master Gardener
- Volunteer for 20 hours annually after your first year.
- Answer local horticulture questions.
- Plant demonstration gardens that educate the public.
- Work with scientists on research projects.
- Participate in community beautification efforts.
- Teach 4-H’ers or other community children about gardening.