Identification and Treatment of the Most Commonly Encountered Disease of Honey Bees
Identification and Treatment of the Most Commonly Encountered Diseases of Honey Bees will provide basic information through curricula that will help beekeepers recognize the most common and serious diseases that affect honey bees.
Small-scale beekeepers and large commercial beekeeping operations
- Be able to recognize and treat important bacterial diseases of honey bees,
- Be able to recognize and treat several fungal diseases of honeybees,
- Learn the management of the two parasitic mites (Varroa and Tracheal) that plague our honey bees,
- Gain understanding of symptoms of viral diseases that are associated with Varroa mites, and
- Be able to decipher the real cause of colony death when symptoms can be caused by several different diseases.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 1-2
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 3-4
- Numbered Extension Publication
Dr. Jeff Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org