Food Safety at Home
Food Safety at Home equips families with food safety knowledge and resources that will help improve food safety behaviors and practices at home.
Those interested in learning more about food safety, including, but not limited to adults, college students, teens, and others who make food purchase and preparation decisions at home
Participants will be able to:
- Apply food safety techniques from the point of purchase locations to the home,
- Recall the importance of using a thermometer and related important temperatures,
- Identify the four key steps for food safety (clean, cook, separate and chill), and
- Recall the importance of the temperature danger zone and shelf life of food products.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: At least 6
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 6-8
- Educational Class
- Group Discussion
- eXtension Website
- Websites other than eXtension
Dr. Courtney Crist, firstname.lastname@example.org