Grass Fed Beef
Grass Fed Beef provides educational information to beef producers to aid in their production of a high quality grass-fed beef product that is currently in demand by local consumers.
Beef cattle producers
- Be introduced to a value-added market for cattle;
- Connect with an informed, regional, contact person for farmers;
- Learn to incorporate beef into their existing crop/forage programs;
- Increase economic impact within local communities as farmers retain or purchase cattle, supplies, etc., to finish on forages; and
- Learn to optimize genetics and identify animals who will gain and finish rapidly on forage systems – thus decreasing age at slaughter and environmental impacts.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 1-5
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 3
- Educational Class
- Group Discussion
- Technical Assistance
Dr. Brandi Karisch, firstname.lastname@example.org