Poultry Production Basic Overview
Poultry Production Basic Overview will provide an overview of the basics of poultry production and keeping a backyard flock of chickens.
Individuals with an interest in keeping backyard poultry (suitable for individuals living in the city or country) and 4-Hers and FFA students
Participants will learn:
- To distinguish between meat-type, egg-type, and dual purpose chickens;
- Basics of raising poultry, from hatch to egg production and beyond, caring for chickens (vaccinations, biosecurity, feeding, housing, etc.);
- Benefits of keeping backyard chickens; and
- Egg and meat production for the family table.
Total Number of Modules or Sessions: 1
Total Number of Hours for Program Delivery: 2.5
- Educational Class
- Group Discussion
- Numbered Extension Publication
- One-on-One Intervention
Jessica Wells, firstname.lastname@example.org