The Food Factor: Summer Squash and Onion Packet
Video by Jonathan Parrish
This Summer Squash and Onion Packet is delicious and healthy as a side dish and one you will crave alongside the rest of your summer favorites. Seasoned with butter and black pepper, It’s great with any main course!
Try this tasty way to cook those zucchinis from your summer vegetable garden.
Summer Squash and Onion Packet
- 2 small yellow summer squash or zucchini (or one of each)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water before preparing ingredients.
- Cut summer squash or zucchini into ¼-inch rounds.
- Cut onion in half and then into thin slices.
- Gather two large pieces of foil. Divide cut squash/ zucchini evenly between foil pieces.
- Divide butter and black pepper evenly between foil packets. Fold foil to seal all sides.
- Grill over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake in foil for 30-45 minutes.
Thanks to University Illinois Extension for this recipe!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.