The Food Factor: Italian Tortellini Soup
Trust me. You’ll want to try this soup!
It is a hearty winter treat that will find its way into your menu rotation during the colder months of the year.
Italian Tortellini Soup
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free half and half
- 3 cups cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup 2% reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown ground turkey. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add tomato paste, mix Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt, and chili flakes until well combined.
- Add chicken broth and stir ingredients. Continue to cook on high for 5-7 minutes or until the soup comes to a boil.
- Stir in half and half until well combined.
- Add tortellini and cook as directed on the package. (Approximately 3-6 minutes.)
- Lower heat to keep soup warm. Add spinach and stir.
- Once the spinach has wilted, add the cheese.
Note: If you don’t have half and half on hand, milk will work.
Thanks to Texas A & M Agilife Extension for this recipe!
Follow The Food Factor on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Posted on: March 7, 2023
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.
June 6, 2023
June 6, 2023
May 30, 2023
August 13, 2021
May 13, 2021
March 31, 2021
December 14, 2020
September 11, 2020
Publication Number: P3622
Publication Number: P3606
Publication Number: P3607
Publication Number: P3721
Publication Number: P3408