The Food Factor | Easy Roasted Veggies
Some days it’s hard to get all of my daily servings of fruits and vegetables. One way I’ve found to solve this problem is roasting an assortment of vegetables in the oven. I get to choose my favorite seasonal vegetables, which are usually more affordable. I love the texture and flavor of roasted vegetables too.
Here’s the method I use to roast veggies, adapted from my friends at Iowa State University Extension and Outreach.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet or sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Toss five cups of assorted vegetables in a bowl with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir to coat vegetables thoroughly.
- Spread vegetables in pan.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes. Turn every 15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
Video by Jonathan Parrish
Depending on the vegetables you choose, you may need to cook for a shorter time. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli take the longest.
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.