Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
If you like one-pot meals but want a little more variety in your dinnertime favorites, sheet pan suppers are the way to go! If you line your pan with foil, you’ll spend less time at the stove top AND the kitchen sink.
This recipe calls for marinating the chicken for 20 minutes to an hour, so be sure to add that to your prep time. Cooking time is up to about 40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes and time spent broiling to give this dish a crispy finish.
We adapted this Greek Chicken sheet pan supper recipe from our friends at North Carolina Cooperative Extension.
Video by Jonathan Parrish
Sheet-Pan Greek Chicken
¼ cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of one lemon
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon dried oregano leaves
Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Combine marinade ingredients and chicken in a gallon-size zip-top bag. Marinate for 20-60 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
Sheet Pan Ingredients:
8 bone-in chicken thighs (skin on)
16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
16 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover sheet pan with foil and coat with a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash potatoes and cut in half. Place in a large bowl.
- Wash and trim green beans. Add to bowl with potatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper, stir to coat.
- Spread potatoes and green beans in a single layer on sheet pan.
- Use tongs to remove chicken from marinade and place on top of vegetables.
- Discard marinade.
- Cook at 400 degrees F until chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.