You are here

Volunteer With 4-H

Adults who assume volunteer roles within Mississippi State University Extension Service (MSU-ES) have the opportunity for a rewarding experience. It is understood that a volunteer’s role is easier to manage when expectations and responsibilities have been outlined and communicated prior to the job assignment. The success of the 4-H youth development program is attributed to its volunteers. A Registered 4-H volunteer is anyone who contributes time, energies, or talents to the 4-H program and is not paid by MSU-ES.

Download the complete 4-H Volunteer Application Package (PDF)

Download the 4-H Volunteer Background Check form  (PDF)

4-H Volunteer Training Module  (MSU Office of Compliance)

4-H Volunteer Training Module Acknowledgement FormMSU Office of Compliance (PDF)


Printer Friendly and PDF

Success Stories

Three women and one man hold a large 4-H clover
STEM – Science Technology Engineering and Math, Volunteers Extension Matters: Volume 3 Number 4

When she started volunteering with Tate County 4-H almost 15 years ago, Joy Magness didn’t know much about the youth development program delivered by the Mississippi State University Extension Service.

She was home-schooling her two children, Samantha and Eli, and her fellow home-schooling parent and friend Adelia Gaines asked Magness if she’d like her kids to join 4-H and if she’d like to volunteer.

Joe Davis with two 4-H'ers with a champion heifer
4-H Livestock Program, Volunteers, Beef Extension Matters: Volume 3 Number 3

When third-generation cattleman Joe Davis was a teen, he had no idea his competition in the show ring would one day be his Extension agent in Union County.

A 4-H volunteer leader with two 4-H members at a 4-H Shooting Sports event.
Shooting Sports, Health and Wellness, Volunteers Extension Matters: Volume 3 Number 3

Until recently, the Clover Dawgs 4-H Robotics team in Oktibbeha County needed a bigger robot. Club volunteer leader Robert Rice secured the first donation toward purchasing the machine from his employer.


Contact Your County Office